Wednesday 4 July 2012

Stage Two & Three


Stage Two involved a picturesque Category Four climb over the Citadel de Namur and some lovely Belgium chateaus, but it was mostly a flat and uneventful ride for myself after that. 

Stage Three, and the Tour is finally on French soil. The feeling in the field was very nervous indeed with crashes tumbling over crashes. Fortunately I had paced my ride with the break-away group off the front, away from the carnage in the peloton.  Personally I really feel like I am hitting my stride, settling into a good rhythm and holding my line with a style even Cav wouldn’t wave a figure at.

My highlight from the Stage were the adorable children in Doudeville, who were just so excited!

Thanks to my fans for the new nickname – cathevans! (I’m looking forward to seeing that one on signs being waved at the finish line).

1 comment:

  1. Pleased that you weren't involved in any of the crashes.

    ReplyDelete