Monday 9 July 2012

Stage Eight & Nine



Into week two and lifting my form. I started stepping out Stage Eight at around 75kms to go and climbed three very exciting mountains to finish in Switzerland. I tried to pull Cadel along with me and was more encouraging than Pinot’s DS hanging outside the tour car. But Wiggo stayed with us.



However, I am supporting Wiggos comments hitting back at anonymous internet critics. During the post-stage eight media conference, Wiggo was asked what he thought of people who use forums such as Twitter to accuse him of doping:
"I say they're just f ---ing wankers, I cannot be doing [sic] with people like that," he said.
"It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives. It's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of shit, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something. And that's ultimately it - c----."

I can’t back him up enough – even as an amature on an exercise bike in my lounge room, all people have been asking me is what drugs I’ve been using. It’s ridiculous. And to be clear on the subject, all I’ve been using to get off my arse, work hard and apply myself to achieve something of significance with my life from my lounge room by wathcing t.v., is good French wine and champagne mixed with coffee in the morning.  I know its hard to believe, but I am not on drugs.

Dave Millar saw the funny side of the comments:
"Wiggo's now better at me in everything to do with cycling, profanity-filled interviews were all I had left. Now he’s taken that crown. Darn," he tweeted.   


Tonight is a very pretty time trail stage along regional French roads. I’ve got a special hat made just for the occasion, but I’ll admit I’ll be wearing it on the couch.

Thank god for official rest day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't get arrested! (see Remy Di Gregorio)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Go Wiggo!! Too right! Loving your posts cath! Keep em coming xx

    ReplyDelete