Wednesday 25 July 2012

Au revoir

From the handbook-de-Wiggo:
“I just wanted to say thank you for all the support all the way around.
It's been a magical couple of weeks for my team and for Lounge Room cycling. Some dreams can come true, and now my old mother over there, her daughter's won the Tour de Salon!
Have a safe internet surf and don’t get too drunk."
But fear not, I’m not going to replicate that opera singer - sounded a bit cat-wailing-like to me – and her dress- what was that?
I heard one commentator call it “the operatic version of Geri Halliwell's famed Spice Girls outfit” – Bah! 

A few concluding stats:
Hours ridden
About 26 hours total
Distance ridden
116kms (but it was a home-set-up bike computer and they mustn’t work accurately on exercises bikes)
Avg. hours slept a night during the Tour
5.5 hrs per night
Total hours late for work
About 8.5 (across 3 weeks)
Number of water bottle consumed
Approx. 33 litres
Coffee consumed
Approx 21 litres
Body numbing, performance enhancing alcohol consumed
Approx 8 litres
Weight lost
None
Favourite moment of the Tour
Finishing it
Least favourite moment of the Tour
The lactic acid pain that kicked in through
Stages 18 & 19
Number of people who have laughed at my blog
Over 1,109 people
From USA, UK, Russia, NZ, Nambia, Belgium and even Brazil (who do I know in Brazil?)
Funding raised for Bicycles for Humanity
Close to $200 and still taking in more @ :

A few people have asked, what am I going to do next? Am I going to miss the Tour? My response is clear - now that I've accomplished my life-long dream of riding the Tour, I am going to get rid of that machine of torture and never do it again!

I'm looking forward to sleeping regular hours and feeling returning to my behind.
Bon chance in your own endeavours. Au revoir and see you at the Olympics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment