Monday 2 July 2012

Stage One



What a tough finish – and two crashes at the 20kms to go mark, but fortunately I had actually retired before all that mayhem.  I did have my first little taste of a climb through the small Belgium municipality of Lierneux earlier in the Stage. I cranked up the setting on my bike a couple of turns and sprinted for the point too. It was all downhill after that so I took it easy and had a little snack through the feeding station. Took a couple of photos for you guys too.  I had a little sprint for a couple of points towards the green jersey and was very happy to see fellow aussie Matt Goss just beat Cav for it – about time, after Gossy has come second to him so many times during the Giro. I turned in after that, conserving energy for weeks two and three. And I have to admit, I now know why the riders are out of their saddle so much- because that saddle hurts!



3 comments:

  1. You are just so many kinds of awesome! I LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for those fences beside the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't have any barbed wire too recreate those crashed

    ReplyDelete