Sunday 15 July 2012

Stage Eleven & Twelve


Four mountains in one stage and I admit I hit a wall just like Cadel. But I did successfully climb two of the mountains and thoroughly enjoyed the spectacular views. 

For Stage 12, une invité special, Kate, took the saddle for the premier half of the Stage. She whinged a lot, adjusted the seat and pedals out of position and drank champagne while on my machine. Honestly, I regretted letting her interrupt my Tour. But watching from the couch was a truly decadent luxury.


I rode to the finish with the break away and was tres impressed with Millar but not so with the race officials and their relegation of Gossy for apparently straying from his line to cut Sagan off in the final sprint. It is a gross injustice to Gossy and I am angrily waving my hands with much more indignation than Sagan. But I am sure this will make Gossy, and me, even more determined to take Stages. 

Q: Am I experiencing cyclist rage?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you kept with the etiquette and slowed down after the "tacks on the road" episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my (Kate, special guest star) defence, I had to adjust the bike to ride as I fall into the 'normal height' category, not 'midget'.
    As to the charge that I was consuming alcohol while riding, don't presume that it was not lemon Powerade in my champagne flute. I don't presume professional cyclists on Le Tour are not consuming illegal performance-enhancing liquids just because they sip from water bottles!

    ReplyDelete